Pages

Monday, June 4, 2018

Mesmerized

As you can tell we really enjoyed our time at Sea World, San Diego.

Here is a layout I created showing how mesmerized my daughter was with the Orcas.  They were such incredible creatures..  The female in this tank was quite old and un-interested in things until this young male Orca came to the park.  She came alive and wanted to play. they are like soulmate as one of the Sea World volunteers was telling me.  They stick together whenever they can.  My daughter just stood so close to the viewing glass she was almost part of the glass.  She could have stood there for hours just watching these two swim, and play.  They had a toy in the water that they took turns playing with.  It seems the 'string' part of the toy was made from old fire hoses (to be strong enough to last with Orcas playing with it).


With this layout I used a Hero Arts stencil and some Lawn Fawn coloured inks (a blue and a grey) and added this mesmerizing pattern over half of my background card stock.

I added my photos, a title (cut using my Silhouette Cameo), some twine and some journaling on a piece of vellum.

The results with this finished layout share the feeling my daughter had with the whales.

No comments:

Post a Comment