Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Card for Check-out and the Flower Box

Yesterday I made this card.  it is nice being able to make something with a person in mind to give it to once completed.

I don't know about you, but when I do my grocery shopping I have my favorite check-out people.  Well, one of my check-out people is leaving, so I wanted to wish them all the best so, hence my card. It is amazing how by just striking up a short conversation each week you can build a bit of a friendship with people.

I coloured this image using Copic markers.  Around the image I used Distress Oxide Broken China.  Then double matted it before adding it to the the stripey background pattern paper.

A couple of weekends ago my husband and I decided it was time to finish cleaning out our garage after our summer of changing the garage around.  It was a big job, but I was reunited with my favorite punches and my flowers (collection).  Yippee! So to celebrate I played with some pattern paper, a box and some flowers and this is what I created.  It did take a couple of days but it was well worth the patience.  I even managed to did out some charms I had in my stash.  I feel it is time to stop collecting things like flowers and charms and to start using them.  What do you like creating with flowers and charms?  I am still wondering if the flowers need a few leaves tucked here and there.  What do you think?

It has been fun arranging the flowers and then adhering them.  So I do hope you get time to be creative too.

No comments:

Post a Comment