Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Inking Glazed Cardstock

Oh boy I have been having issues today with Facebook and being able to upload photos, so that has taken a lot of my time today, but I really wanted to post on my blog here with this fun technique that I was doing at my workshop the other night.  This is a really great way to add some colour that will also pop the design on your white glazed cardstocks from Bazzill Basics.  I love their glazed cardstocks.  Here is the layout I did at my workshop.

Ok so you can see the mat that I have put my photos on has some really cool cupcakes, well this was originally a white cardstock.  The glaze on these cardstock acts like a resist and so when you add ink it will not soak it in and so gives this bleach effect.

Here is what I did:
I put my white glazed cupcake cardstock on my inking mat and grabbed my Tattered Rose Distressed ink and ink applicator.
I dabbed my ink applicator to my Tattered Rose Distressed ink and then rubbing in a circular motion applied it to my cardstock.  I just love this look. 

Maybe this is something you can try with your glazed cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment