Pages

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Steal Like an Artist

Steal like an Artist - 10 things nobody told you about being creative by Austin Kleon


Oh my goodness, this is a good book to read if you have any creativity - be it writing, painting, drawing, photography, scrapbooking, or card-making.  If you like being creative this is a great and easy read.  Grace found this book in a cool little book shop at the San Francisco Wharf.  She read it for her writing and told me that I would enjoy it - she was right.  Grace managed to read it in a couple of days.  I read it in just over a week - that is really good for me.

I came to realize that ideas for creativity are everywhere.  We just need to open our eyes and sometime look at things differently.  I also came to understand that everything has already been done, but that doesn't need to stop me from creating something I want to see.  Copy something and make it my own.

Many of us like to 'scrap-lift' ideas.  Well, know you can join me and understanding that 'stealing' artist ideas is just how creativity works and flows.

One thing I did really like in the book was being told to step away from the screen (computer, phone, tablet or whatever) and do something with your hands.  Make something, anything.  It can be so true, sometime when I get scrappers block, what helps is to get into my craft supplies and play, create and make.  Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment