Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Paying Tribute

Earlier this year my Uncle passed away.  It was sad in a couple of was as my extended family is not as close as maybe I would like.  I had not seen my Uncle in a couple of years.  Though the nice thing is that I remember him as a strong and generous man.  I was very thankful to be able to attend his funeral and to see my Aunt, cousins and their families - shame it took a sad event to bring us together.  Since then I have wanted to do a tribute layout of my Uncle.  It was hard as I was not sure where to begin.  But recently a line of papers came out from Carta Bella that seemed perfect.  My Uncle was an avid sailor and loved to sail and race his Trimaran boat. So that is where I started, and this is my end result.

I really wanted to keep the photos from the funeral leaflet as there were some really lovely photos, and the hymns were so beautiful so I used two of them.
I also sat down and thought about some of the things I remember of my Uncle and some of the things we all did together.

Tribute pages can be really hard as they are so personal, but I think they are also very important as these people were important in our lives and need to be seen.

Here is another layout I have done of my Uncle and I when I was probably about seven.  I don't remember much of the details about that day, but I do remember being happy and having fun.
Thank you Uncle Ike for being a part of my life and for the advice you shared (I did follow it)
Love you and rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment