Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Creativity on the Run - or in my case during the Wait!

Sometimes in the middle of a crazy busy week it is nice to take an hour to do something fun and something just for you.

I did that last week and again this week.  I was frantically getting my newsletter and ScrapPacks done.  It was the last minute crazies.  But as soon as all the ScrapPacks were packed and shipped I took some time to try out a couple of dies.

The first one I tries was the new Teresa Collins words die.  Oh wow, these cut so nicely and look stunning.  I just had to use them on a couple of cards that I made.



The next die I used was the Elizabeth Craft Designs Adirondack Chair Pop It up Die.  Oh I am so happy with how this came together.  They do recommend you cut the top pattern paper at the same time as the cardstock so you know everything will fit together when it comes to assembling the card.

I was impressed that these dies cut and emboss at the same time, very cool!



My daughter things I am really funny!  On a Wednesday night she and I drive out to Onehunga (half and hours drive from home) as she teaches a Zumba class there.  She doesn't quite have her restricted license yet so I need to go with her.  this use to be my time to write my G&T emails.  But now, my daughter is impressed as to how as soon as we pull into the Onehunga YMCA car-park I can turn the car into a mini craft room.  I now bring my Spectrum Noir pens, cut-cut cards, adhesive, pencil case and other bits, and I will set and craft until it gets to dark (being winter it gets dark early now).  Then I read or write blog entries, or newsletter articles.  Hey! I might as well make the most of my time - right!

Where are some of the strange places you craft or create?

No comments:

Post a Comment