Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Colouring Modeling Paste


I wanted to share with you a project I created on the weekend where I used some more of the Teresa Collins Modeling Paste - I am really loving this and adding texture to my projects.
I thought it would be fun to add a bit of colour so here is what I did.
I started with a blank canvas - this canvas is one of those flat ones.
Next I used some really fun spray inks.  I used three different makes and colours, Heidi Swap Colour Shine, Tattered Angels glimmer mist and my own home-made spray ink.
I sprayed all over the canvas, now because the surface of this canvas has been treated with Gesso (like most bought canvas') the ink did not seep into the canvas but rested on the top, so to dry it I used my heat too.  Love the effects I got with the blending of the inks, even the splotches look cool.
Next I grabbed one of my 6"x 6" Crafter's Workshop Templates and added some modeling paste just in white.

Then I wanted to add some colour to my modeling paste.  So I added some of the paste to a little plate, then using the spray ink that I used on my canvas I sprayed some colour to the modeling paste and mixed it together a bit.  Now because I had added some extra liquid to the paste it was a big more soft, almost sloppy so be careful how much ink you add.
I used two different templates with the coloured modeling paste, I used the Teresa Collins Scallop 12"x 12" stencil and a small journaling stencil for a last bit of interest in the bottom right corner.
Before drying the modeling paste with my heat tool, I went and washed all my templates, just with cold water and my fingers.
When using your heat tool to dry modeling paste be careful as some heat tools are too hot and can cause modeling pastes to start to bubble.  I also left this to dry overnight.
The following day I added some punched shapes using my Martha Stewart layering punches and a little bit of bling.  I am really pleased with the results.

I would love to see what you create with colouring some modeling paste for your next project.  Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think of this fun wee project.

No comments:

Post a Comment