Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 2014 ScrapPack Extra



As you have probably heard me say already, I really enjoyed working with the January ScrapPack.
It was funny, I just kept making things.  Normally I do four layout and if I'm lucky a card.  But this time I did 5 layouts and two cards.  However the fifth layout I could not fit into this months newsletter, so I decided it would be fun to put it here and share it with you.

My youngest daughter really enjoyed being a part of last years school projection so I thought I would create a layout of her with some of her friends at production.

I found a really cool background die-cut for my Silhouette that was all cogs and cut that out of the Bazzill Wheat cardstock that some in the ScrapPack and adhered this to the Bazzill Candlelight cardstock - also in the ScrapPack.

I love the decorative corner on the Teresa Collins Memorabilia Recorded pattern paper so tore this off and adhered it to the bottom right corner of my layout.

Then I added my photos in a bit of a cluster and so that my bottom photo overlapped part of the 'Recorded' paper but sat just above the 'recorded' word.
I trimmed some of the geometric circles to a bit of a border and added that just under my portrait photo for a bit of interest.

I cut a piece of the arrows pattern paper and added that as a bit of a border but tucking it under part of that 'recorded' corner.  I also added a small amount of one of the narrow borders from the Teresa Collins Memorabilia Borders in the ScrapPack, but only had it go part way under the arrows border.

The main theme of production was steam-punk so I used some of the Snippets from the Teresa Collins Memorabilia Snippets pattern paper as a couple of embellishments to tie the whole page together.

Lastly I added the date in to bottom left corner.  For journaling I added heaps on the back of the layout.

I hope you like this layout and that it inspires you to try something a little bit different.

If you like this ScrapPack there are a couple left and you can order one through the online shop
just click here.

Feel free to add a comment below.
Thanks and happy scrappin'

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours and WOW 5 layouts from one kit? That is fantastic

    ReplyDelete