Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

A couple of ideas for those Buttons

I am so sorry it has been so long since I last blogged.  If it is not one thing it is another.
I have had birthdays, craft shows, classes and so much more happening.  So time to put excuses aside and get writing and sharing - here we go.

In my latest newsletter I talk about using buttons on your layouts.  But I found I did not have enough room to share these two ideas I have had a play with using buttons and so thought it would be fun to share them here instead.

Buttons come in such beautiful colours and designs these days, so why not use them where ever you can.  Here are two ways you can use them today!

Aren't these so cute.  Here I have just used some wooden clothes pegs and a large paper clip.  With the clothes pegs I have added pattern paper to the flat sides of the pegs and then glued in place a fancy button.
Both of these buttons had shanks on the back.  These were easily taken care of by using a pair of wire cutter and just cutting them off.  Remember however to either cup your spare hand slightly over the button as you cut as the shanks do go flying and you do not want it flying in your face.

With the paper clip I simply adhered it to a flat button.  You can add some bakers twine to the flat button before adhering if you like for further detail.  Once dry the paper clip can be used as a fun little book mark.
On the backs of the clothes pegs you may like to adhere a magnet, then you can use them to pin notes to your refrigerator.

I hope these two ideas spark more ideas for you to try with buttons.

Happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment