Thursday, March 29, 2012

Distressed Tag

I took some time this week to be creative and try something different.  I had a play with the distress ink pads from Tim Holtz, Stazon in and embossing.  It was great fun and I am really pleased with the results.

For this tag I used Bazzill Straw cardstock and cut it to the shape I wanted.
Using Stazon black ink and a script stamp I stamped the background for this tag.  Even this was a great look.

I chose a swirl like stamp and stamped with a clear embossing ink and added clear embossing powder, then heating.

Next I used the Walnut distress ink pad and blender tool to give the tag a cool distressed look.

It was then fun to decorate the tags with hand made flowers, border punch and mini tag.  Lastly I added a nice big copper eyelet.

Really pleased with this and now want to make something else using these techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment