Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

So Much Sky

Oh my goodness has it been that long since I last posted.  So much has been happening I have hardly had a chance to sit down and blog.  I have been doing a lot of creative things but just haven't got around to blogging them.  I will do a post soon on the creative items ... but today I wanted to tell about the amount of sky we seem to have around our house at the moment.

I know, what a strange statement.  But on Monday morning just as I was about to take my daughters off to school, our neighbour's landlord came round to let us know that they would be trimming the trees.  Sure we said no problem, if they need to use our driveway we were fine with that.  So off to school I went.  Good grief by the time I got home they were really in to it.

There were four guys.  Two up in the basket thing - one holding the branch, the other chopping, then the first would drop the branch carefully to the ground.  Another guy on the ground would put the branches through the chipper.  The last guy had a chainsaw on a long pole and was trimming as far has he could reach.

We were amazed at how fast they worked and how much they were chopping.  By the end of it the hedge was pretty much chopped down and we could not get over the amount of light now available, let alone all the SKY above us.  It is still a surprise when we come out of the house, we feel very exposed - thank goodness for our new gate.

Anyway here are a couple of photos, a before and an after.

So when you come to visit things do look a bit different.

No comments:

Post a Comment