Monday, August 29, 2016

Latest Layouts

I had my monthly workshop over the weekend and managed to mostly finish 3 layouts.  I got them to the point at the workshop where all I needed to finish them was my titles - these I do at home where I can use my Silhouette Cameo.
Well today, I took the time to design, cut and add my titles to my layouts.  I also worked on another cardstock house ready for my Christmas Village at the end of the year.  A couple of weeks ago I made my first building for the village which was the school.  Today was a house.  I might do the church next.

Anyway, here are my three layouts.  Firstly I put together this layout of my daughter taking part in a busking competition at the beginning of the year.  I wanted to do something a bit different with my layout so went for a colour blocking style of layout.  So pretty much the whole layout is covered with different sizes of cardstock and pattern paper cut into rectangles.  The plain Bazzill Calypso cardstock I embosses using a music embossing folder.  I am really pleased with how this page came together.  Sometime working with a landscape photo and a portrait photo can be difficult to find a way to display them creatively on a layout.  I like how these compliment each other without having to be beside each other.

My next layout was when my eldest daughter visited my pen-pal and his wife last year and they visited the Cheesecake Factory.  As big fans of the TV program 'The Big Bang Theory' this was a fun visit.  Apparently their slices were huge and my daughter shared her piece with her best friend that also traveled with her last year.  I am looking forward to maybe making a visit for myself next year - we will see.  For the four small photos in the middle I just cropped two photos and mixed them up together.  I like the use of the two pattern paper circles.  I am also trying to experiment and play a little more with my titles and using more than just one font to give a fun looking title.

My last layout I really stepped out of my comfort zone and created a sun-rays with pattern paper.  This was fun as I just cut some pattern paper and just trimmed  blue each strip then placed those on my cardstock, then measured the gaps between each piece and cut strips accordingly.  I am very pleased with the out come.  I adhered all the strips in place so they hung off the edge of the layout and once happy with there placement I trimmed off the excess.  My daughter really loved this wee little dog.  He was a bundle of energy and morning kisses - what a great way to wake up in the morning LOL!

Well during the rest of this week I am hoping to get some more colouring of stamps done so will do a post on my next colouring project.  Until then ...

Let's get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment