Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend Workshop

Better Scrapbooking had our Saturday night workshop this past Saturday.  We all had a great time scrapbooking, chatting, laughing and catching up.  I think I ended up talking more than scrapbooking, but it is really nice just to get together with other like minded crafters.

Well I thought you might like to see what I created on Saturday night.  for some reason my creative juices just did not want to flow on the night.  So most of these were not actually finished on the night, so I added the last touches yesterday and this morning before taking the photos.  I am pleased with how they have all turned out.

The first project I worked on was this gift voucher/gift money wallet.  I am very pleased with the end result.  It was probably the only thing I actually finished on the night.  Let me know if you would like me to do a tutorial on this project (just leave a comment below)


Next I thought it a good idea to do some layouts.  So I started with this one.
I have left space on this layout as I would like to get Grace to do the journaling for this one seeing as it is about the day I took her to give Archery a go.  I have titled it True Original as she is a left handed archer.

My next layout was this one Sink Trick
I thought it could be fun to do a layout of me.  So here is me having what my family liked to call a 'Sink Trick'.  This was done when there wasn't time for a full on bath or when they wanted to save water.  I was so little I could fit in the sink.  I did struggle with this layout but am pleased with the end result.  I think the pearl swirls have helped to finish this page off.  The scallop border was made by punching out heaps of green circles. (that was really fun)

My last layout of the night was my baby bath time layout.  Again I found it hard to match some papers for the photos so ended up using a cardstock and flicking some glimmer mist to make some fun splatters down on edge.
I think one of the things I really like on this layout is the sewing for the banner title and using a mix of colour and black and white photos.

So that is what I managed to get up to on Saturday night at the workshop.  Let me know your thoughts on these layouts.  I love getting comments.

Happy Scrappin' everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment