Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Prince Edward Island

Last Friday afternoon I was coming home from some where and as we pulled into the driveway it was Melissa's turn to check the mail.  As she was pulling the mail out of the box I could see there was a package.  Ti is always exciting to get a package.  Then I remembered it was about time my package from my sister-in-law was suppose to arriving.  Melissa gets back in the car and says, "Mum this package is for you!"

Oh I was so excited I could hardly wait to get the car down the drive, parked and get myself into the house to open this exciting parcel.  It seemed like time slowed down and it was taking forever to get myself in the house.

Finally I was in and with scissors in hand I carefully opened my parcel.  There is was, all the way from Prince Edward Island, Canada.  Can you guess what it was?  Those of you familiar with L.M. Montgomery will have guessed ... It was the latest publication of Anne of Green Gables, celebrating 100 years of Anne.

Oh I could hardly contain myself.  It is so beautiful.  The have apparently printed this edition so it looks like the original publication of 100 years ago.  All I could say was - oh, wow!!!

There was also a postcard in the book from my dear sister-in-law telling me that she had visited all places Anne on Prince Edward Island and that her darling husband was being very patient.  OK I admit I was and am a little envious (but in a good way) that she was able to visit such a special place.  I do look forward to her photos (which I will scrapbook LOL)

Now I have three copies of Anne of Green Gables.  How very cool.  I have just discovered however that neither of my daughters have actually read the book.  So when they have finished reading the books they are reading we are all going to read Anne of Green Gables together and have our own mini book club.  Should be fun, but beware, we will be having some scrapbooking challenges shortly to do with Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment