Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Window Writing

It was just over a week ago that my youngest daughter went away on school camp (she is back now which is why I feel OK writing about this).  As many of you know I do not like having my girls away from me for an extended period of time (I can handle sleepovers, it's just school camps I don't like).

Anyway, this year I decided I would be better and OK with it seeing as my daughter would only be on the other side of Rangitoto.  I could look out at Rangitoto and know she would be there.  I was doing oh so well leading up to preparing for camp.  Then the morning came to drop her off at her school where one of the other Mums was going to pick up a few other girls and take them all to the ferry.  We were up early, packed the last couple of items (tooth brush, hairbrush and pillow) and we were off to school.  We got down to her school just on 7am.
I dropped her off, gave her a big hug and watched as she drove away.  Hey I was doing well, no tears.  Then I started home without her and I could feel some welling up.  "No, she is going to be fine, I am going to be fine, it is all good."  I told myself and sure enough I was able to pull myself together before I got home.

When I got home, I had to go down to Miss M's room for some reason and noticed she had not opened her curtains.  So naturally I opened them, and this is what I saw ...
She had used her Smiggle Liquid chalk to leave me a message on her window.  Now I half knew about this one ... but it was this one ...
I saw this "Miss U" and I totally lost it.  I was crying almost like a baby.  How sad was that? (don't answer that)  For the rest of the day every now and then I would just cry.  I came to realise I was sad because I missed her not because I was worried about her.  I allowed myself that day to cry, but for the rest of the week I was fine.  I treasure the notes that Miss M leaves me on her windows.  These stayed on her window until she was home safe and sound.

What would you write on your window today?
Yes I will scrapbook these photos and show you the result once it is finished.

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment