Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

14th February 2011

Happy Valentines Day to you all.  I hope what ever you do today that you will have a truly great day!

I have had sometime to be a little bit creative lately.  Last Friday for some reason was not a good day, so i spent a little bit of time creating for someone else.  The process was very healing and I felt a lot better doing something for me (getting creative) and doing something for someone else (making something to give away).


Here is what I made.  A good friend of ours is just getting into keeping a journal so I bought a hard back exercise book (they have been on special for the school stationery) and decorated it.  She was blown away by it when I gave it to her the following day.

I cover the front and back covers separately which left the spine showing the exercise book red colour.  To hide this I used some of my paint (luckily I had some cream coloured paint left) and carefully painted the spine.  It made a huge difference to the look of the journal.

I also layered some flowers and attached them with liquid white glue to the front of the journal.  When the glue was dry I attached some bling using my I-Rock.  While I had the I-Rock tool out I added some bling swirls using the Swirl I-Rock Template.
I have purchased some extra hard back exercise books as I think these covered journals make fantastic gifts.  Remember to take advantage of any sales you see.




Also over the weekend I had a go at altered a glass bottle.  I had this bottle for awhile.  It was a little sparkling Ribena bottle that I picked up one day as a treat.  It has been cleaned and sitting around for months so thought it was high time I did something with it.

I added some rub-ons.  Now this was a challenges as the bottle is shaped and the rub-ons did not lie flat.  But when doing something like this one just has to be patient and take ones time.

I added a piece of ribbon.  Next I layered some flowers and added a cute little bling brad.  To attach the flowers to the bottle (hiding the join in the ribbon) I just used some foam tape.

I think I will use this to decorate my craft room once I get to really tidy it up again (sigh)

Lastly this weekend I thought it would be a good idea to create a sample layout of what the children in my kids class will be making this week.  Seeing as it is Valentines Day I thought it would be fun to do a "Love Is ..." layout.  I am looking forward to seeing what the children come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment